photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Look Beauty Airbrush Base Foundation & Primer Review

Hi everyone! Today we will be putting the Look Beauty Airbrush Base Foundation & Primer on the spotlight!

lookbeauty

Look Beauty is a makeup brand from the United Kingdom. It carries a wide variety of cosmetics ranging from foundation, to powders, lip colors, blushes…etc. (available at Makeup Hub by Naturele Collezione)

The Airbrush Base Foundation (PHP850.00 or $20.92)—the secret weapon in day and night long photo perfection. Layer over primer for a soft focus finish. Designed, tested and worn by the beauty brains at Look Magazine.”

I have the shade in #2 (Light/Medium).

Look Beauty Prime Perfect Primer (PHP 750.00 or $18.46)--Any slight skin wobbles? Meet your make-up's BFF. A thin, skin-perfecting layer before you apply the rest of your make-up will see your look last much longer. Can be worn alone or under foundation. Tip: Wait till your moisturizer has fully sunk in, then apply this by dotting it onto chin, cheeks, forehead and nose, smoothing in like a skin cream.”

Applying the primer over my face felt really nice, it has a soft, velvety finish, leaving your skin fully prepped for the makeup.

  • the Prime Perfect doesn’t have any pungent smell
  • comes in a clear gel form
  • a little goes a long way, just a small chunk will be enough to cover the entire face
  • packaging is simple and convenient (squeeze tube)
  • 35ml tube will last you a lot of months
  • developed in UK

Next is applying the foundation. I used my Sigma F80 brush to apply the Look Beauty Airbrush Base Foundation.

  • 40ml pump glass bottle enables easy withdrawal of the product
  • sleek packaging
  • semi-thick, creamy consistency
  • matte finish with a slight luminosity
  • shade #2 (Light/Medium) looked a bit lighter on my face upon application, but after a few hours, the color blended with my skin tone
  • no pungent smell
  • gives a light/medium coverage
  • use of concealer is recommended (for people who have extra dark spots)

Here’s a photo of myself after application of the foundation: (a bit of loose powder *Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder* was used to set the foundation on my T-zone)

829 rigght after

You can still see my natural skin peeking through, a blemish beside my nose wasn’t fully covered. Matte finish.

Experiment | weather setting: Philippines, hot & humid:

After 7 hours with no retouching at all—everything still looks matte, area around my nose started flaking (existing dry patches, by the way, not caused by the foundation)

330 7hours

After almost 11 hours with no retouching at all—slight dewiness is visible on my T-zone brought about by the humid Philippine weather, dry patches around my nose area

645pm (2)

Comparison:

beforeafter (2)

This foundation is recommended for people who have combination to oily skin. The matte finish that it gives lasts a whole entire day especially when used with the Prime Perfect primer.

I personally think that I needed more coverage on problem areas (dark spots, blemishes) and I didn’t like the fact that the foundation settled onto the dry patches on my face, making the flakes even more visible *not entirely suitable for people with really dry skin*–perhaps this was because I set my foundation with loose powder. Tends to look cake-y when over-applied. The hot & humid weather cause me to sweat, producing a bit of dewiness on my T-zone.

Given the chance, I would try out a shade darker for myself and combine using this foundation & a separate concealer. This foundation would be perfect for photo shoots.

 airbrushbase-group

Watch my video review here and see the product in action:

No comments:

Post a Comment