photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ask Say #19 (All About YouTube)

asksay

Well hello there, darlings!

I decided to create topics for the rest of the Ask Say segments as to avoid repetitive questions like (what’s your top 5 favorite lipsticks? best foundation for oily skin?) and the likes. From now on, questions will be categorized, and anything that is not related will not be answered nor entertained.

So for August 15, I gave the topic “YouTube”! Anything related to YouTube. So, let’s start…

1. How you feel about having viewers from different nations? I'm from Puerto Rico and I love to see you :)

This is really sweet. I feel really happy of course!!! I would love to meet everyone, if only that is possible. Meeting different kinds of people from different countries is SUPER COOL!

2. Do you make a lot money on YT? If so do you encourage people to start blogging or whats your suggestions to those one who are interested?

Private information will not be disclosed in this post, however, getting partnered with YouTube does give monetary benefits among others. YouTube Philippines recently launched in our country, making it easier for aspiring YouTubers to sign up for partnership. You can actually apply! I believe there are terms and conditions which are available for viewing on the site itself.

3. How do you differ from other Youtube makeup gurus? :)

We are all unique in our ways. I personally take pride in creating Tagalog tutorials for fellow Filipinas, filming my Day in the Life of Say vlogs, and I see to it that I reply to every single comment I receive in all my videos. Staying connected with my viewers is probably one of the most important things I really consider.

4. How long, on average, does it take you to make, edit, and upload your videos?

It really depends how many videos I am filming. Let me give you an example, I can start filming at 3PM, do 3 videos, convert the clips from .MOV to .WMV, have one video edited by 8PM, uploaded by 1AM (uploading time usually takes about 2-3 hours more or less depending on the size of the video)

5. Hi Ms. Say Just wanna ask, who are your most favorite youtube beauty gurus?thanks.

Michelle Phan, Tanya Burr, ItsjudyTime, Pixiwoo…etc

6. totoo bang pag umabot ng thousand and thousands ang mga subscriber mo sa youtube e babayaran ka ng youtube?

Same question as #2:

Private information will not be disclosed in this post, however, getting partnered with YouTube does give monetary benefits among others. YouTube Philippines recently launched in our country, making it easier for aspiring YouTubers to sign up for partnership. You can actually apply! I believe there are terms and conditions which are available for viewing on the site itself.

7. ate say, have you watched the videos of jemdahunk?

I haven’t!

8. Who are your favorite local YouTube-ers? :)

I love MissCoryPotts, she is the sweetest girl ever. We are real life friends! When we first met, she gave me a big hug!!! Hahaha she’s just super sweet and I love her so much! Next, of course is Janica Buhain!!! *She’ll be back with her videos very soon!* She’s super beautiful. I love her, she’s one of my closest friends in YouTube!

9. say, do you still sleep? your youtube channel (and blog) has been crazy busy. haha! ;)

I sleep!!! Haha, I sleep at around 4 or 5AM, get up at 12 or 1PM and work till 4AM again. I need a lot of time with everything going on haha :)

10. any tips for those intrested in vlogging/joining youtube?

Number 1 is what category do you want to belong? Do you want to be a beauty vlogger? A musician? A nail art guru? A fashion guru? From there, you can already set goals for yourself because you have already chosen your path.

11. What's your reaction sa mga haters saying you're copying Judy's style? For me ur not!:(

This question has been asked before. :) And, I don’t have a reaction. Haha I’ll keep doing my thing just like what Judy told me! She knows about it ;) Other peoples’ opinions don’t really matter. (Thank you Mitchie!!)

12. how much do you earn per video na ipopost mo? :D

Personal information will not be disclosed

13. Do you earn mOney on yt?

Same question as #2:

Private information will not be disclosed in this post, however, getting partnered with YouTube does give monetary benefits among others. YouTube Philippines recently launched in our country, making it easier for aspiring YouTubers to sign up for partnership. You can actually apply! I believe there are terms and conditions which are available for viewing on the site itself.

14. are you a youtube partner?

Yes. Affiliated with StyleHaul.

15. What are your bad experiences in vlogging? and how did you deal with it? i.e. does any one in your family against it? negative comments, dislikers... :) love you!

Bad experiences…hmmm, none so far. I think the biggest downside of vlogging is getting haters/trolls on the internet. It’s inevitable, though. You just have to get used to it, and not let them get to you. My family is 100% supportive. Love you back!

16. Why do you consider youtubing as your job? Do you earn from it? :)

Being a YouTube partner provides monetary benefits. :)

17. What Advise You Can Give to new Youtuber want To become a Beauty Guru? =)

Keep going! Invest in good quality equipment to upgrade your videos! Do it step by step, and you’ll be big before you know it.

18. kelan k ng start s pag yyoutube? at ano ang unang vid. mo? tnx..

I started 2010. My first video was a Michelle Phan recreation.

19. Your old school retro look was a really big hit here in the US, when do you plan on doing another youtube vid. Featuring similar looks again?

It was? That’s cool!! I have a couple of videos planned, but I’ll definitely include an updated retro look one, soon.

20. Is it hard to find subscribers? What did you do to make your you tube noticeable? :)

I started with 0 subscribers. Everyone starts from 0. I guess you have to have something unique in you that will make people remember/notice you. Show your true self. No pretentions. Work hard on your videos. Build a good foundation of Youtuber-viewer relationship.

21. is really True That other youtube Guru earn A money in Every Video or them?

Already answered. Please read #2

22. among all youtube gurus kanino ba maihahalintulad ang isang miss say artillero

We are all different! :)

23. how much kinikita mo sa youtube at ano advise mo sa mga nag uumpisa pa lng :)

Already answered this question. Refer to questions above.

24. I made my own channel sa youtube i uploaded 1 videi pero after nun sinearch ko sya sa youtube para itry kung lalabas pero wala aking nakita.bkit ganun?

I guess it has to gain views to be able to be searchable, I’m not really sure.

25. Minsan ba naka-encounter ka din ng pang babastos sa youtube? kasi syempre iba2ng tao yung mga nakakapanood ng vids mo. tsaka hindi lang puro filipinos. Panu mo sya na-handle?

Napakaraming bastos na tao all over the world. 2 steps lang yan: DELETE AND BLOCK.

26. Bakit minsan nagiging HQ bigla yung video mo po tapos bigla magiging Low Quality ulit?

You can tweak the settings of the video while watching.

27. Isn't it awkward for you to vlog almost everywhere? Thanks, Say. Mwah! :-*

It is, in the Philippines, but I want to change that!!! I want vlogging to be OKAY here in our country like it is in the US/UK!

28. Do you earn money from your videos??how?

Already answered. #2

29. Miss say, hanggang kelan ka mag youyoutube??? Tsaka more vlogs about your daily life pls! Gaya ng dati yung mga appointment mo sa clients etc... :)

I will be on YouTube for an indefinite period of time :) And my Day in the Life of Say vlogs will come back today!

30. Hi miss say this is itsjustroxy in youtube, idk if someone asked you this one na or nasagutan mo na pero i just want to know what inspired you to make videos ? parang bakit ka nagstart gumawa ng vids ? :)) thank you!

I was inspired greatly by the Fowler sisters, and then Michelle Phan :)

31. Hi Say! What can be the top 5 looks a youtube beauty vlogger should do? ^^. sana abot pa to! :)

1. Be yourself 2. good quality camera is always a plus 3. pleasing personality (something that will make people keep coming back for more) 4. be specific (with the categories of your vlogs 5. be consistent!

32. anong ma-aadvice mo sa mga naguumpisa pa lang sa youtube? ano yung mga advantages and disadvatages? Thank you and Godbless.

If you want to start. DO IT. Do it without any complaints and whining. You will learn a lot by watching other videos (that’s how I learned) it will take some time, but before you know it, you’re on your way to success. You have to know what you want to get out of YouTubing. Be it passion, talent…getting paid is a plus! Advantages, well, there is a lot. You get to sharpen your skills related to your passion, you meet different people, opportunities open for you! Disadvantages would be haters, or basically people who would want to ruin you/your career for whatever reason. Invasion of privacy can also be one factor. So set your limits. You need boundaries. (I can go on and on answering this, but I’ll stop here)

33. when did you start doing a makeup tutorial?

2010

34. How do you deal with youtube haters?

2 step process: DELETE AND BLOCK :) Dealing with them will only feed their negative energy.

35. Are you ready to be a youtube sensation Say?

Aww that is sweet. Far from happening, but thank you SO much.

*We have come to the end of yet another fun Q & A portion. Thank you SO much to everyone who has been tuning in non-stop for this segment. I am always happy to interact with my readers through this segment. Till the next Ask Say!*

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Say!:) I agree everyone of us has it's own unique sides!:) Just keep going. All the best on your chosen field!:D

    XOXO,
    Mitchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should watch jemdahunk videos Say! pampawala BV! love you! /hugsssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with #27. I've always wanted to vlog elsewhere,but it's kinda awkward, even here at home it is awkward, lol. I seriously hope that it's about to change. :)

    ReplyDelete