photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Thursday, February 21, 2013

BYS Lipgloss & Lipstick Duo REVIEW

Why hello there!

You may have seen me introducing the brand BYS in one of my haul videos earlier this year (watch the haul video here) I fell in love with their crème eye shadows and today I wanna share to you my thoughts on the BYS Lipgloss and Lipstick Duo!

Before that, let me give you a background on BYS, just in case you’re not familiar with this brand:

The BYS brand represents one of the most exciting ranges of cosmetics in the world today with consumer loyalty growing rapidly. Not only is the product range creative with leading edge developments, it's establishment as one of the fatest growing brands of cosmetics within both Australia and globally is testimony to it's exceptional quality and value for money.


BYS proves it is possible to produce world-class cosmetics without exorbitant price tags. Designed and developed in Melbourne, Australia and exported world-wide, BYS satisfies every type of woman with product that does not just follow current trends, it helps create them.


With a strong emphasis on fun and fashion and with its sophisticated black styling, BYS continues to fill the void for innovative, good quality and great value cosmetics that everyone can afford. There are more than 1000 products within the range and it is growing by the day.


BYS is continuing to expand into many countries around the world and is establishing strong distribution export partners as part of our growth strategy.
BYS Cosmetics are not tested on animals.
BYS NOW IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!

The Lipgloss and Lipstick Duo caught my eye because of the nice shades! I liked “DUSTY ROSE” in particular. I paid PHP299.00 for it and told myself “This better be worth it!”

In this experiment, I did not use the lip gloss because I wanted to see how long the lipcolor alone would last, although it is not meant to be a “long-lasting” lipstick, it’s still nice to test out the longevity of this product.

  • Dusty Rose is a beautiful color, perfect for everyday use
  • Lip color glides on smoothly on the lips
  • Color deposit is good
  • No pungent smell at all
  • Thin film formed on the inner parts of my lips upon application

I first applied the lip color at 2:08PM and this is how it looked like:

BYSlipstickgloss

This lip color somehow reminds me of Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lipstick in Angel Rose.

I went on through the day for about more or less 6 hours WITHOUT retouching (Last time check is 7:42PM). I ate and drank and I noticed that the lip color faded quickly.

Had I retouched, I think the lip color would’ve lasted more than 6 hours.

Overall, I really like the shade Dusty Rose, it’s one of my everyday lipsticks! Given the price of 299, I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing the Lip Gloss and Lipstick Duo just because I don’t see the need for me to use the lip gloss at all. It only makes the product longer in length, and in turn, quite inconvenient to bring around. If I would repurchase, I think I’d go for the lipstick alone. I’m pretty sure they have Dusty Rose in a single lipstick bullet!

Have your tried BYS lipstick/lipgloss duos? How did you find them? Comments are appreciated!

You may watch this video of mine to see the lip product in action:

BYS Lipgloss and Lipstick Duo PHP299.00 "Dusty Rose" available at SM Manila Dept. Store

Visit BYS Philippines' FB Page!

3 comments:

  1. really nice color and review! most lippies I've tried haven't lasted me at least for more than 5 hours except my EB matte lipsticks and my excel lip glosses.. but I guess it depends per user :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice that you made a vid for this one, im planning to get one soon. love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was actually planning to get one soon, really nice that you made a review on this one. love the color!

    ReplyDelete