photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Nightly Skincare Routine

A highly requested post from my viewers—my nightly skincare routine! The video edition of this routine will follow in a few days (demonstrations included) Stay tuned for that! For now, let’s get my secret out there!

I’ve been religiously reading my Jemma Kidd Makeup Secrets book and I learned this from her:

IMG_0335

Exfoliate regularly to slough off the dead cells on the surface & encourage the rejuvenation of the skin. p.17, Jemma Kidd Makeup Secrets P995.00 National Bookstore

I have honestly never tried exfoliating my face daily, sometimes I only use any facial wash available (Pond’s Facial wash with Activated Carbon or Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser) after taking off my makeup.

After reading that advice from Jemma Kidd’s book, I decided to try it out and exfoliate on a daily basis.

I have a dry skin type, and usually I get problems like dry patches, tightness after cleansing…etc.

Everyday after school, I remove my makeup using a wet wipe and Pond’s Perfect Care Cold Cream. I’ve been running out of makeup remover quite so often that I decided to switch to using this cold cream. What I do is apply the cream on my face, and use 2 wet wipes to remove all my makeup (including waterproof mascara and liner!) This cold cream is VERY gentle on this skin, and I find that it has made my face softer.

DSC_0017

Next I use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (available at Watsons) to exfoliate my skin thoroughly. I don’t have any blackheads (knock on wood) but I haven’t had ONE blemish (as in a full blown pimple) ever since I tried this method. After exfoliating, my skin feels INCREDIBLY smooth—all the dead cells are gone.

img_2150 (1)

Next I take a pea-size amount of any facial wash, usually my Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser (available for purchase online, click here) or Pond’s Facial Wash with Activated Carbon (Watsons) and use it on my face for a second wash.

DSC_0013

After the cleansing process, I pat my face dry with a clean towel.

Next is MOISTURIZING!!! I never ever skip this step. I use various products for moisturization. None of these broke me out, in fact, all of these have aided in the improvement of my skin!

My #1 favorite moisturizer is the Neutrogena Hydroboost Watergel (PHP800++ Watsons/you can order online too, click here)! I cannot stress how much I love this moisturizer. It’s non-greasy and gives the best moisturization to the face! I have used up, I think, 4-5 jars of this amazing product already!! (this one in the photo is actually empty!!!)

DSC_0018

Since I just ran out of my favorite moisturizer, I use my second favorite from Neutrogena which is the Hydroboost Gel (SPF30PA++) This feels a little bit greasy compared to the Watergel, but I don’t mind! It doesn’t make me look like a greaseball all throughout the day! I actually use this morning and night (ever since I ran out of my Watergel) It has SPF which makes it extra amazing. Click here to be directed to the Neutrogena online store!

DSC_0021

When I don’t feel like using my Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel, I use my ULTIMATE SKIN SAVIOUR—the Pure Intention Serum PHP 749.00. This has been one of the major contributors to my visibly clearer skin. I haven’t done a formal review, but I’m choosing to share it now to youuu guys since you’ve been asking for it! This is from Absynthe Bath and Beauty. I was highly doubted about this product before, but I stand corrected. This amazing serum has Vitamin [Ferulic] C, E, fortified with Emu Oil & Elemi Essential Oil, suitable for all skin types and non-comedogenic!

“WTH, Say, why market this product so much?!” you may think I’m just promoting this too much, but everyone knows I don’t blog about products that don’t work for me.

This is amazing. It repairs my skin ALL throughout the night and I wake up with super supple skin! One more thing I love about it is it actually prevents acne from forming (like when I feel an acne about to pop on my skin, I use this overnight and the next morning, the “bump” is gone) My sister uses this product every night as well, and she loves it! I’ll follow up with a formal review!

DSC_0023

To prevent fine lines from forming around my eye area, I use Pond’s Gold Radiance Youth Reviving Eye Cream PHP600+ Watsons. This is the very first eye cream I’ve ever used and I love it!!! My sister gave this to me last Christmas and I’ve been using it ever since. It contains real gold microparticles which gives a beautiful shimmery effect after application.

DSC_0015

I use my Personal Microdermabrasion System every week to rejuvenate my skin. It reduces fine lines, wrinkles, enlarges pores and blemishes (spots, even!) This baby promotes cell renewal and rejuvenation using the combination of exfoliation plus suction. This was sent to my by the company PMD last September and I’ve been religiously using it every week.

Here’s my video and blog review ( http://saytiocoartillero.blogspot.com/2012/09/cheers-to-better-skin-whats-secret.html) about the PMD!

*After using the PMD I use my Pure Intention Serum/Neutrogena Watergel/Gel.

So, my darlings, that is basically my nightly skin care routine. I swear by this method. And I am ready to go on cam without any makeup on ANYTIME.

P.S. I am not claiming I have the most perfect skin, I still have a few spots here and there left to treat. It all takes time, and this method is helping me get there!

What’s YOUR nightly skincare routine? Share them in your comments below!

5 comments:

  1. Spotted the boyfie! Gosh you have tons personal care products. :-)

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was still in college, back in the Philippines, I did exfoliation around 3 times a week and used a mask once a week. I had breakouts on my cheek area and around my forehead.. It was the worst time for my skin. Being a nursing student back then created havoc on my skin. Too much stress and little sleep were my major problems. Breakouts are mainly hormonal. When I finished school, everything went back to normal. I felt like the less I did with my skin, the more it made my skin heal. Now for night time I only cleanse, tone and moisturize and my skin is at its best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing this miss Say :) im already 24 yrs. old, but i think swerte ko lang na my face never had an acne or pimple..few blackheads pero barely noticeable naman.. God bless Miss Say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't exfoliate more than once a week coz I have super sensitive skin. I will get breakouts if I exfoliate a lot. But I do agree, skin really felt smooth after exfoliation :)

    ReplyDelete