photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Friday, August 16, 2013

Semi-Organizing My Makeup Collection

Today, I decided to start organizing my makeup collection—and it sure was a bad idea.

How do I start organizing stuff? I dump everything, and then sort it all out. As you can see, I made a gigantic mess which almost made me give up halfway through the process!

DSC_0002

Probably my BIGGEST problem is not having enough storage space for all the makeup I buy/receive. IKEA hasn’t hit the Philippines just yet, and I need those white makeup drawers in my life!!! For now, I make use of plastic drawers. Tacky, I know, but I do what I gotta do!

DSC_0005

I also bought 10 red baskets like these to help with with cleaning my brushes! I go through different steps while cleaning, rinsing, disinfecting, and drying my brushes, and the baskets were REALLY handy! These baskets also serve as organizers for all my other makeup.

DSC_0006

Now let me give you a glimpse of what I finished so far, today... I just basically segregated them. Further organizing will take place next week!

DSC_0007

Lip products, mixed

DSC_0009

Mixed set containing new foundations, powders, lip colors—some of which I use everyday

DSC_0010

Basket of lashes

DSC_0011

Mixed set of newly received products/products I’m trying out

DSC_0012

Mixed set of makeup fixers, foundations I haven’t tried out, powders, primers…

DSC_0014

Mixed set (MAC, Shiseido, Benefit, Makeup Factory, Urban Decay…)

DSC_0016

Blushes and eye palettes

DSC_0017

A MIX OF EVERYTHING (ugggh I hate this basket) Mineral makeup, mascaras…

DSC_0018DSC_0020

Two baskets for my local makeup products

DSC_0021DSC_0022

All the palettes I own (7 palettes not in picture)

DSC_0033

This is all I could do for today…. too much task!

DSC_0034

Overflowing lip product drawer while sorting through

DSC_0035DSC_0036

Newly washed makeup brushes *the rest of my brushes not in photo

DSC_0038

BB Cream basket

1014214_617667771598072_944928516_n

152 dirty/new brushes I washed last night

1150273_617701478261368_429594307_n

TA-DAAAAH! It took me about 2-3 hours. Most dreaded chore ever.

I threw away about 1/4 of products today. If you saw my IG post, I think most of you guys were mistaken, thinking I’d be giving away all the makeup in the shot!!! I have a bag full of makeup/skincare stuff which I have no interest in. Although I’m not sure if it’s best to post it on here or not. I’ll think about it!!!

Hope you enjoyed this post!!!

IKEA!!!! WHITE DRAWERS PLEASE!!!

35 comments:

  1. blog sale pls..hehe! benta mo nalang ung mga di maxado nagamit..:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! sobrang dami.. ang hirap i.organize.. sana I'm at manila so that I can help you organize your make up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be more than happy to help you out! hihihi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate! Hahaha! Although I have a technique in organizing my makeup. I learned it straight from Japan hahaha :))

    I see your flat iron right there. We have the same brand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... you have a lot. kung meron lang aq nyan malamang it will took me forever to arrange it. hehehe. i hope i could meet you... you are such a great person. i know you will be successful. just keep the faith and positive vibes come in to you. i am one of you million fan... keep it up Say.. God Bless You...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ! :O LOVING YOUR STUFF !! envy much :'>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kya nga miss say benta mo nlng po :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owwwvvverr sa dami miss say! Hehehe benta niyo nalang po yung di niyo ginagamit na makeup and other stuffs :) I'm pretty sure naman na madami din bibili nun ...
    Btw I love ur last post here..so inspiring! Keep on dreaming miss say. And I know nman na mangyayari ung mga gusto mong mangyare ehh. In the right time..
    Godbless po and takecare always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms. Say check this drawer oh.. You will pay a looot for the shipping of IKEA.. Support mo nalang sariling atin.. ;) found some in sulit.. ;) not white though :/ but decent enough! :)

    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/19321038/Drawer+Chest+Cabinet?referralKeywords=chest+drawer+white&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-1,1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I apply to be your 'lil sissy? Teehee~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I already had a lot of makeup :)) I'd be more than happy to get them off your hands :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's tiring! Organizing a lot of them. Well anyway, You have a lot of makeup. Hope you'll sell na lang those products that you are not interested/using. I will surely buy some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's tiring! Organizing a lot of them. Well anyway, You have a lot of makeup. Hope you'll sell na lang those products that you are not interested/using. I will surely buy some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's tiring! Organizing a lot of them. Well anyway, You have a lot of makeup. Hope you'll sell na lang those products that you are not interested/using. I will surely buy some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mi diosssssssss cuantas cosas yo quisiera tener 1/4 de todo lo que hay ai muy linda coleccion , mucho trabajo para limpiar

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow.... I would love to try out some of your stuff.
    Especially that Stila palette! Looks really, really pretty.
    And I agree... IKEA, please come to the Philippines. FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. woah.. a lots of babies.. envy much! ;) u can call me for assistant..hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  18. woooah ... a lots of babiessss... envy much.. :p you want some help?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your collection...i love your make ups. How I wish , how I wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ms.say can you make a video of your make up collection

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like to have my own stuffs like that Ms.Say <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. What I wouldn't do to organize this for you :)) Neat freak lang...

    ReplyDelete
  23. just want to help you out with organizing your stuffs. I've already watched a couple of videos from youtube gurus, and they basically have identical drawers haha you might like this, this is the one from IKEA. and i am not the owner nor has any connection with him/her. Just want to help you out :) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.494602350609042.1073741935.268110619924884&type=3

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. check this. https://www.facebook.com/ikeasourcephils . i think they have the drawer that you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  26. check this https://www.facebook.com/ikeasourcephils

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! That's a lot Miss Say! :D I wonder if you can have a blog sale :D yihee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ate Say ? , What if i give mo sya away sa mga Sibbies mo po , Like us , Tapos sana kahit yung mga walang Ig ay pwede sumali , Napansin ko po kase na parang yung may mga IG lang po yata yung pwedeng sumali !

    ReplyDelete
  29. how I wish I can have some of your brush...:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sana you can get an ikea storage solution nga. Para you get inspired every time you see your collection in nice-looking furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so inggit! Ang dami! :) I super like those brushes! Wish I have those. :D

    ReplyDelete