photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

░ Beauty Tutorial: Nicki Minaj Inspired Look ░

After the Keri Hilson Inspired look that I did, I just couldn't seem to get over "bad girl" looks. Here is another tutorial inspired by the beautiful Nicki Minaj. I was browsing through her photos and this (see: below) caught my attention. I love how the look is colorful yet fierce and pulled together. 
I wanted to create a more wearable look hence I recreated the look sans the colored brows. I also wanted to add a little oomph to the eyes hence the extreme outlining around the eyes. If you watch the tutorial, you'd notice how my hair is down, but it was too dead-looking for me so I decided to do a pouf and a high pony. Gave everything more attitude! Oh, and I donned a pair of motorcycle gloves just to exude a more bad-girl look.
Products and procedures in order:
  1. Dollface Concealer #3
  2. Nichido Stick Foundation in Beige
  3. Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Powder Foundation
  4. Nichido Bronzer in Go Bronze on the chest and arms area
  5. Maybelline BrowDefinist by EyeStudio for the brows
  6. MAC Shroom E/S to highlight the inner corners of the eyes
  7. Dollface 96 Color Palette Aqua E/S on the inner thirds of the lids
  8. Dollface 96 Color Palette Rust E/S on the outer V
  9. Create an obvious cat eye shape using the same Rust E/S
  10. Rust E/S on the lower lashline
  11. Outline your eyes. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner + Fanny Serrano Angled Brush + Dollface Pencil Brush to define the edges
  12. Go half an inch past the inner corners of the eyes for a more dramatic effect
  13. Apply thick faux lashes on (Lash Grip used as glue)
  14. Curl lashes and apply mascara (E.l.f. Mechanical Lash Curler and Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Mascara)
  15. Contour your nose (Matte Brown E/S from Dollface 96 Color Palette)
  16. Apply bronzer (Wet 'N Wild Bronzer in 741A Princess + Marionnaud Blush Brush
  17. Apply blush (MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon)
  18. Apply a retro pink lip color (Wet 'N Wild Silk Finish Lipcolor in 525D Retro Pink)
  19. Frosted Pink Lip Color over the retro pink one (Beauty Treats Lipcolor in Pink Frost)
Hair down...
 Hair up...


 Chest shimmering because of Nichido Bronzer in Go Bronze.




Questions will be entertained.

Watch the tutorial here:

10 comments:

  1. Love this! I like what you did with your hair, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your makeup always looks the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! keep it up sis... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aya! Anonymous, then don't visit my page anymore if that's what you think, there are lots of other people who do makeup looks you know. Thanks Photoescape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that! it is a much more wearable version... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hair and makeup! You're sooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that you are moving away and far far AWAY from the michelle phan remakes Say...SO AWESOME!

    looking forward to your next posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How then do you clean your face after make-up? Specifically for the eyes, do you have any soap/cleanser that you wish to recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. your face is way too white, it doesn't match the skintone of your neck or chest! its obvious you're trying to hard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Hollie! :) Hi Iya, thank you so much! :) Hi Louise! Hahah well it's a good thing, right? :) Haha! Thank you so much! Anonymous #1, I remove all my makeup with Maybelline's makeup remover first, and then wash my face with St. Ive's makeup remover, and then wash again using Pond's Antibacterial Face Wash and then use Celeteque's Toner and Moisturizer. :) Hi Anonymous #2, you're too nice to drop by my page. And yes, I try hard to improve! ;)

    ReplyDelete