photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

“I Am My Own Walking Portfolio” Day 2 of 4: 50’s Vintage Inspired

IMG_2062

We’re on Day 2 of 4! Today’s look is basically 50’s inspired. I bought ribbon headpieces last Sunday and I can’t express how much I love wearing them! Today, however, it didn’t feel quite right to wear it to school! So after taking this shot, I actually removed the ribbon headpiece—let’s save it for a gorgeous 50’s OOTD.

Here is a shot I took the night before (still wearing my Day 1 hair and makeup):IMG_2056To achieve my hair and makeup for Day 2 of 4, here’s what to do:

HAIR: towel dry, air dry, comb through, wear the ribbon headpiece (available at SM Dept. Store for PHP 99.75)

MAKEUP: I went for a sparkling white and smoked out eye look.

  1. Moisturize! I used Neutrogena’s Hydroboost Water Gel.
  2. Do your foundation, concealing, and brow work (I used the same procedures and products for this part from Day 1)
  3. MAC Shroom E/S (or any white E/S) all over the lids up to the brow bone and the inner thirds of the lower lashline
  4. MAC Beauty Marked E/S (any black or gray E/S will do) on the outer V—remember to sweep outward to create that smoky look, keep the center lid clean!
  5. Pat on a sparkling white E/S (I used Shawill’s E/S #5) on the center of the lids. Pat on the inner thirds of the lower lashline as well.
  6. Line your eyes, curl your lashes and apply mascara (same procedure from yesterday)
  7. Contour face. I used FS Two Way Cake in Orleans.
  8. Blush. The Body Shop Roseflower Blush in 02.
  9. Lip balm. EOS Summer Fruit.
  10. Lip color. I used Ever Bilena’s Matte Lipstick in Scarlet. (reddish-orange shade)

I know some of you won’t like the ribbon headpiece that much. But after reading this, you might reconsider.

See you tomorrow for Day 3!

 

9 comments:

  1. Mich!!! Thank you!!! Hahaha :) You should get one for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say do they have it in pink polka-dots?
    Lovin' the look~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Genn! So far ganyan palang nakikita ko. Striped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. obsessed. so glad I came across your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fash! Thank you so much! I just followed you. :)
    Hi Aya! Thank youuu! <3

    ReplyDelete