photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hair & Makeup of the Day! (Smoky Browns, Barely Plum, Volumized Curls)

motd 2

Hi everyone!

I just started a new series in my channel! It’s been a long time since I last did a makeup tutorial and it feels great to be making them again! I hope you enjoy as I do daily HAIR AND MAKEUP OF THE DAY videos for you! Here’s the first look (9/10/14) I stayed away from my usual look (you know, the liner and red lips kinda look) and experimented with smoky browns for the eyes! I opted for a nude plum lip color which totally matched the eyes; and lastly, I went all vavavoom with the hair!

Watch the new video here:

Here’s a step by step guide on how to achieve this look!

IMG_9413

I used the Rucy’s Vanity Eyeshadow Quad for my eyes. I can’t get over how adorably simple and pigmented the shades are. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—it’s my favorite everyday palette! It’s available at my good friend Joyce’s studio for only P200.00! Visit her and get your own Rucy’s Vanity Quad now! I recommend getting this shade and the brown one, they’re the best. (Joyce’s Studio is located at Unit 809 KB Arizona Tower P Campa Street Sampaloc Manila)

1-vert

First step is applying this light peach color all over the eyes, this will be our base color. I’m using a flat shader brush.

2-tile

Next, take the brown color and define your outer V; this will create depth to your eyes. Using a pointed eyeshadow brush is perfect for this step!

MOTD 1-tile2

Let’s move on to the Eye of Horus Nubian Brown Goddess Pencil! It’s super pigmented and easy to blend. Apply it on your lashline (up and down), tightline, and line your waterline. After doing so, use a smudger or a pointed brush to blur out harsh edges. You’ll get the smoky look afterwards!

MOTD 1-tile

Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used my Say Eyelash Curler in Pretty in Pink (P600.00 order from 09179870285) , and my YSL mascara (Thank you Jerome for this mascara!!!) for this look. False lashes will create a HUGE difference with this look—and I used my Pro Studio Beauty Exclusives lashes (available at Glambox Beauty Studio located at 227 Salcedo Street corner Gamboa Street, Value Point Building, Legaspi Village, Makati)

MOTD 1-tile5

Add color to your face!!! I used my UD Naked Flushed Palette for the contouring, and the Carmen Claire At First Blush in Glow of Love (P305.00 from http://www.carmenclaire.com/products/at-first-blush) This shade is really pretty as it is very subtle yet it gives that natural flush to the cheeks! A little goes a long way, too!

MOTD 1-tile3

Moving on to the lips, I lined & filled them using the Avon Ultra Glimmerstick Lip Liner. The L’oreal Collection Star BARELY PLUM lip color looks stunning with it!

01_1024x10248_1024x1024

MY FAVORITE PART!!! The hair! First step is always blowdrying. Next I take my Tangle Teezer from http://www.luxola.com to smooth it all out! The curler I used for this look is the Bellami 6-in-1 Curler Kit (largest barrel) http://www.bellamihair.com/products/bellami-6-in-1-complete-curler-set. After curling, I applied the Batiste Dry Shampoo in XXL Volume from http://www.makeuphub.com to give my hair more body, and lastly, sprayed on the L’Oreal Elnett Hair Spray!

MOTD 1-tile4

motd 1

That’s the final look, everyone! Do you like it?

Leave your comments below, I’d be delighted to read them! See you in the next HMOTD post!

16 comments:

  1. Super like it! I love the hair, it looks like natural curls. :) Bagay for long hair like you. :) I also watched the video! :) I like the cheeks as well, not super colored. Parang natural blush. :) Will stay tune for your next videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.ms.say!:-) another video that helps working girl like me to improve my skills in having a glamor look, :)
    Thank.you.for.your sharing your talent to us ms say!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I finally watch your video. Super I like it! I love your hairstyle and also the makeup and it is perfect combination. Your a great talented and beautiful Ms. Say my Idol. Congratulations !! CLAP CLAP CLAP :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waahhhhh Galing mo po talga. Ms. Say (IDOL). lahat nlng ng makeup tutorials mo bagay sayo.. kahit walng makeup natural beauty pa rin. sana magmana ko sayo ! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Welcome back ms. Say! Namiss kita sa paggawa mo ng blog at video for everyday make up look. Sana tuloy tuloy na ulit. Kasi ikaw ang una kong make up guru na nakilala sa youtube. Kaya all the way ang support ko for u! Keep it up ms. Say! As always ur saying... LOVE IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi ms. say! you look so good in these hair and makeup look. two thumbs up! that is why i always stay tuned at your youtube channel ang blogspot. everytime i watch and take a look at it, i always learned something new. :) stay beautiful as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cannnnntttttttt wait for the workshop!!! grrrrr!!! hehehe.. it makes me so excited especially whenever i see your new look. :) stunning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. please do more hair and makeup look also a review about a new product, tips, vlogs and anything and everything under the sun! hehehe.. :) i always check your channel every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say that this look is by far the one that tops my list. I have been a fan since 2012 and I can say that this look is one of the most fabulous tutorial you've done. I don't say that I don't like the other tutorials but I think this is one of my faves. Let me give at least five reasons why this look tops my list.

    1) The eye shadow since it is very classy and simple. The brown smokey eye look is great for day make-up since it is less powerful than black smokey eye look.
    2) Minimal blush on the cheeks which gives just the right amount of glow.
    3) The lip liner and lipstick combination is beautiful. I think it is very suitable for office and school too!
    4) The hair. Big locks are in and it gives a very sophisticated look.
    5) It is the overall impact! This look can be used in all occasions whether it be in school, parties, office and special occasions.


    Good job Ms. Say. Stay pretty and fabulous and continue to inspire all the Pinays to look gorgeous without sacrificing budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the curls look so natural , kyaaaaaa!!!! me want it . the make up is a perfect for a casual , simple but elegant .
    thanks ms. say for sharing this makeup tutorial . XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the lippie you are wearing <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make more tutorials Ms. Say!!! :) I love this look esp your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look so good in these hair and makeup look.
    your hair i so lovely.
    more here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. tape in extensions on short hair can be a great addition to your hairstyle. They're easy to apply once you know how, and they come in lots of colors and lengths. There are different kinds, though, so you'll want to know what's available.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hair Extensions are a great way to change your look in a snap. You can choose from several different brands and prices, and there are several types of hair extensions available. Professional hair extensions wholesale suppliers melbourne usa can help you apply them at the salon, or you can easily apply them yourself.

    ReplyDelete