photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

░ Beauty Tutorial: Remake of Michelle Phan's Barbie Transformation ░

Holy moly I forgot all about this! 

These are the photos that I took after I failed filming the video counterpart. It's a remake of Michelle Phan's Barbie Transformation look. Again, not the exact look but quite similar. 

Like the bow on my neck? Barbie's all about pink and I just grabbed whatever I had in the closet and started pink-ifying myself up. 

Alright, so for this look I opted to follow the closest shades which Michelle used in her Coastal Scents 88 palette.  In my case, I used my DollFace 96-color palette and was lucky enough to find close matches to the shades which she used. 

So I used Maybelline products for this look. The Volum'Express Cat Eyes Mascara, the Watershine Lip Color in P24, the Gel Foundation in 24 True Beige, and the Powder Foundation in Sand Beige. 

Priming the eyes or using the wet on wet technique is recommended with the DollFace eyeshadow. They don't last that long, so you really have to prep the eyes before applying.

Know what I do when I make remakes?

I get a card and list down everything while watching the original video. I'm all, okay, step one, apply this, step two, apply that. And from watching the video, the finished look is actually retained in my memory and that makes it easier for me to achieve the closest look to that of the original. Remakes are not supposed to be the exact version. Adding a personal touch to it will never hurt.

I hope you liked my version of the Barbie Transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment