photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Thursday, February 10, 2011

░ Vlog: Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick Collection + How to Apply Matte Lipsticks Properly ░

L-R: Scarlet, Pink Flame, Love That Red, Off Beat Pink, Skin, Storm, Mauvey.
NOTE: PHOTO MAY APPEAR SHINY BECAUSE OF THE SUNLIGHT & 
A FILM OF LIP BALM COVERED OVER SOME OF THEM (because of usage).
I am back to talk about my Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick Collection! So it's been the latest buzz in the beauty world that Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks will be totally phased out, and that is the reason why EB is putting it on sale from125 to 99! (Sale period up to the 23rd of February, if I remember correctly). I figured I'd do this just to help out in the shade-picking (but you really should pick out one of each since they're never coming back!) 
I currently have 7 EB Matte Lipsticks in my collection namely Scarlet, Pink Flame, Love That Red, Off Beat Pink, Skin, Storm, and Mauvey. I showed and talked about these lipsticks in the vlog that is posted at the end of this entry. I hope you find it useful. 
The only downside of the packaging is the easily "detachable" color cap. I don't think it should detach so easily! I suggest you glue them on to avoid losing them!
At the near end of the vlog, I presented a short demonstration on how I apply my matte lipsticks and make them stay on longer than usual. To make that happen, you're going to have to use more products rather than the matte lipstick alone, I mean that will just totally flake up. So I demonstrated this method of mine:
Line your lips with a lip liner (shade closest to the lipstick you're going to use)
Used Nichido Lip Liner in LP04 Rosette
Apply hydrating lip balm
Used Shawill Lipbalm with Water Microsphreres
Apply your desired matte lipstick
Used EB Matte Lipstick in Mauvey
Top off with your favorite gloss.
Used E.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine with SPF15
"SMACK SMACK SMACK"
I swear by this method, trust me!
I hope you enjoy watching this vlog entry. It's about 18 minutes long, but please hang in there! 
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/saytioco

11 comments:

  1. The lipsticks look oddly shiny! :)) This post is really helpful though. It's really hard to apply matte lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because of the sunlight, I guess! Wait for the vlog, it's still uploading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the quality of your pictures say..ano ginagamit mo to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gonna phase it out?? Are you sure :( :( I use Mauvey more than my MAC lipsticks :( it's my ultimate fave

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm, what's the point of getting a matte lipstick if you're putting gloss over it. :-|

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous, yes, according to Janah, it's confirmed. I know, Mauvey is totally great! It's my favorite as well.

    Hi Malen, if you watched my vlog you'd see how I gave two options: one without the gloss, and the other one with gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi! I think it's because of the sunlight kaya the photos looked so nice. I use Photoscape to adjust brightness and add a hint of glow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Say,

    Thank you for being super helpful and nice for sharing what you know...I hope more people can appreciate the effort you put into making reviews, tuts and vids and answering questions...lots of haters online(of all kinds and reasons)...its sad, hope you stay humble and keep doing what you do, as long as you stay positive and real -> you'll surely succeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Louise, thank you so much for this heartwarming comment. You really made my day. ♡ Thank you so much for supporting me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you didn't post pics of the swatches

    ReplyDelete
  11. scarlette red is really nice... Im on my 3rd stick ( the other two went into my friends purse- lol) they just love it!

    ReplyDelete