photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Sunday, February 6, 2011

░ A Day In The Life of Say: Dinner @ Ling Nam ░

My first "A Day In The Life of Say" video. I didn't really say anything in the video, I just wanted you to see the place and the food we ate. Being Filipino-Chinese, Ling Nam is one of my family's favorite Chinese restaurants. (located at Alonzo Street, Sta. Cruz Manila, Philippines) For the past 10++ years, we have eaten on the exact same table at the second floor, ordered the exact same food (well, almost) and the place hasn't changed dramatically since then. Ling Nam does not have those high-end restaurant designs or aura but their siomai is definitely great. If there is one thing I like in Ling Nam, it would be the siomai. Imagine, before, a piece of siomai was priced at 25.00 (a piece only) and tonight when we came back (after years), it is already priced at 60.00 for two pieces! I think it's a bit too expensive for siomai's but theirs is definitely something you should try. The beef mami is nothing new. They have varieties of noodles to choose from. Even siopaos and such. 

I hope you enjoyed this! I will be doing more A Day In The Life of Say videos in the future. 
Also, stay tuned for beauty tutorials in the coming days...

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried eating at Ling Nam but I have to say I love Wai Ying! Now this is another resto I have to try since it gives me the impression that it serves authentic Chinese cuisine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post and your vid just made me super hungry. :o but, yeah the siomai and the mami looks super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy! Ooooohhh Wai Ying is also a family favorite!!! When we eat there again, I'll do a video on it. You should try Ling Nam!!! Order the siomai pronto!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MissSaveALittle ♡ Hahaha! You should try dining there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I was a little, whenever we go to Manila, my dad used to take me there. And I have to agree with you their siomai is one of the best that I ever tasted. I am a huge fan of their Noodles-all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ChinaDoll! Ling Nam still looks the same. I love that place! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you close to Lady? haven't seen her in your blog... it's always you and Iza. saw her though in the video. she seems serious! hehe

    by the way, does your mom know your a youtube celebrity now?she must be so proud:) i want my future daughters to grow up as beautiful and artistic as you are:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be featuring her soon for a hair tutorial! She's just really busy with school. She's studying EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY! Hahaha. :) She can be a clown sometimes, not at all 100% serious. :)
    Awww, I'm not even close to being a celebrity. Still a long way to go... But thank you so much for saying those things. Mama really supports me on this. She's the best Mama ever. You are soooo sweet!!! Can't thank you enough Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i can imagine! your mom must be so proud of you! :) good luck with your career, say. can't wait to see lady with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anna! Aww thank you so much!!! Don't worry, she already agreed on the hair tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete