photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Turquoise and Purple Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

3ab15e04433b11e1abb01231381b65e3_7

Hi everyone!

It’s 4:14 in the morning and I’m still up writing this blog entry for the new makeup tutorial I filmed yesterday. I really had fun playing with new color combinations and discovered cheap eye shadow shades with really great color pay-off! I regret not having taken any good photos from this look since the sun was already setting just as I was wrapping the shoot up; it really interfered with the camcorder settings. However, I was able to take photos via Instagram—my favorite iPhone app ever—and I believe it compensates for the lack of photos! Nevertheless, I worked really hard on this look! As always, all the links that you need and all the products that I used will be provided in this blog post as well as the information box in my YouTube channel. Scroll down for the blog tutorial and find the embedded video tutorial at the end of this post.

Love, Say

  1. Start off by applying foundation, conceal imperfections as well. I used my James Cooper Cream Foundation 02 (this foundation already doubles up as concealer) together with my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush
  2. Set foundation in with a finishing veil/matte powder. I used Krave Minerale’s Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator and used it as a Finishing Veil
  3. Do your brows. I used Etude House’s Easy Brow Pencil in Dark Brown
  4. Take a shimmering white E/S and apply this on the inner corners of the eyes as well as the brow bone area. I used Sleek Makeup’s Innocence E/S from the Bad Girl Palette
  5. Take a matte brown eyeshadow and run this along your crease area, create a shadow and use the windshield wiper motion; leave the inner part of the lid untouched. Blend any harsh edges away. I used the matte brown eye shadow from my ELF Makeup Clutch
  6. Taking a purple eye shadow, apply this right on the outer corners of the eyes, build the color up, and then blend away thoroughly, making sure not to leave any harsh edge. I used Sleek Makeup’s Rebel E/S from the Bad Girl Palette
  7. Whatever’s left on the brush, shade your lower lash line
  8. Take a black eye shadow, and darken your crease area. I used Sleek Makeup’s Noir E/S from the Bad Girl Palette together with Marionnaud’s N37 Pointed E/S brush.
  9. Blend, blend, blend
  10. Take a turquoise eye shadow and dab it on the center lids, this will give the look a pop of color. I used the turquoise E/S from the ELF Makeup Clutch
  11. Take a liner and line your lash line, tightline, and line your inner rims. I used Nichido’s Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx
  12. Use a smudge-brush to smudge out the edges for a more subtler effect
  13. Curl your lashes and apply mascara
  14. Apply false lashes
  15. Contour for a slimmer looking face. I used Mememe’s Shimmer Stack in Bronze
  16. Apply blush. I used Krave Mineral’s Blush in Pink Muffin
  17. Apply a coral-y red lip color. I used Mememe’s Long Wear Satin Lip Cream in Chara (Tuscan Red)

And there you have it! The Turquoise and Purple Smoky Eye Makeup Look.

List of products used and where to get them:

  1. James Cooper Cream Foundation 02 (Watsons; SM City Manila)
  2. Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush (order here)
  3. Krave Minerale’s Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator (*out of stock but will be back soon! Order here)
  4. Etude House’s Easy Brow Pencil in Dark Brown (Etude House branches)
  5. ELF Eye Primer (PHP249.75 Elf Counters)
  6. Sleek Makeup’s Innocence E/S from the Bad Girl Palette (order from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  7. Matte Brown E/S from ELF Makeup Clutch (available at ELF counters 899.00)
  8. Sleek Makeup’s Rebel E/S from the Bad Girl Palette (order from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  9. Sleek Makeup’s Noir E/S from the Bad Girl Palette (order from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  10. Turquoise E/S from the ELF Makeup Clutch (available at ELF counters 899.00)
  11. Nichido’s Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx (Nichido counters, SM Department Stores, Watsons)
  12. Mememe’s Shimmer Stack in Bronze (order from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  13. Krave Mineral’s Blush in Pink Muffin (order here)
    Mememe’s Long Wear Satin Lip Cream in Chara (Tuscan Red) (order from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)

Watch the video here!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look miss say, so hot. I'm going to recreate this one. You inspire me to blog more. :D

    http://georgeousdk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Say!

    You are so amazing! I love how you do creative make up tutorials.. Keep it up! You know no matter how many people or hater say something bad about you at the end of the day the only thing that matters is You, Your love one's/family and fans support who supports your passion :) I guess God blessed you with so many things because He knows that you deserve it and despite of the ridiculous rumors that is thrown into you,you don't take any negative revenge.. You inspire a lot of girls out there! You're a good role model so Keep it up! God is always with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Say,

    That would be a perfect make up on prom night. Hope you could do more make up tutorials fit for a prom night or choose a prom dress and match it with a make up.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete