photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Monday, December 26, 2011

Sultry Glowing Makeup Look

Hi everyone! I wanted to try out  a new filming area in our house and this was the look that I created. I honestly had a difficult time keeping myself from squinting since I was facing the windows directly. I guess that’s the reason why my eyes have become so sensitive to bright lights the past few days. I finished filming in 3 hours. I actually edited the whole thing yesterday night, the same day I filmed the tutorial. (Yes, I worked on Christmas Day!) For some reason, YouTube acted up and I wasn’t able to post it right away. I was having second thoughts about the video because in some parts, I had “almost crying” eyes because of the light. Because of this hesitation, I posted a preview photo an hour ago and asked everyone’s opinion about it.  Due to positive feedback, I uploaded the video (which I’m glad I didn’t delete!) I’m elated that some thought it’s different from the usual makeup looks that I do—that made me feel really glad. Thanks to everyone who helped me!

page

Now moving on to the [blog] tutorial… (Video tutorial at the end of this post)

  1. Conceal imperfections (The LuLu Makeup Concealer)
  2. Apply foundation (Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 200 Nude from Revlon for Less + Sigma F80 Brush from Sigma)
  3. Set with powder (Maybelline All-in-One Shine Free Cake Powder in Honey)
  4. Redefine brows (Etude House Easy Brow Pencil in Dark Brown)
  5. Apply black eye shadow on the crease area, feathering/blending outward thoroughly *trace your crease first, and follow through with thorough blending* (Sleek Makeup Bad Girl Palette’s “NOIR” eye shadow from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  6. KEEP THE CENTER LID CLEAN
  7. Apply purple eye shadow on the lower lashline (Sleek Makeup Bad Girl Palette’s “Twilight” or “Rebel” (any would do) from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  8. Highlight brow bone (Sleek Makeup Bad Girl Palette’s “Gullible” from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  9. Pat on a shimmering green eye shadow on the center lids and the inner corners of the eyes (Krave Minerale’s Satin Sheer Mineral eye shadow in “Eclairs”)
  10. Tightline and outline your eyes (going over the upper and lower waterline) (Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx)
  11. Using a glittery eyeliner, line your lash line, winging out the ends (Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner)
  12. Curl your lashes and apply generous coats of mascara (Elf Lash Curler and Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara)
  13. Apply false lashes (I’m still selling faux lashes *not the ones I used in the video* 10 pairs for only 150.00! Text 09156218309 for orders, 6 boxes left) (Lash Grip as lash glue)
  14. Start contouring (Fanny Serrano 2-Way Cake in Rajah and Megaga Professional Blush Brush)
  15. Apply blush (Make Up For Ever HD Blush + Sigma F80 Brush)
  16. Highlight high points of the cheeks and the nose bridge (MeMeMe Beat Blues in Moon Beam from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)
  17. Apply color on the lips using a rose cream blush (Nichido Cream Blush)
  18. Get the dewy, glowy lip effect by dabbing on highlighter on the center of the lips (MeMeMe Beat Blues in Moon Beam from Make Up Hub by Naturele Collezione)

And there you have it! A sultry, glowing makeup look.

If you have any questions, just leave a comment down below!

Here’s the list of products I used:

Sunflower Gray from the Flower Series (circle lens from https://www.facebook.com/dulltodoll)
Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 200 Nude (https://www.facebook.com/revlonforless)
Maybelline All-in-One Shine Free Cake Powder in Honey
Etude House Easy Brow Pencil in Dark Brown
Sleek Makeup Bad Girl Palette (
https://www.facebook.com/MakeupHub.NatureleCollezione)
Krave Minerale’s Satin Sheer Mineral eye shadow in “Eclairs” (https://www.facebook.com/kravemineralecosmeceuticals?ref=ts)
Nichido Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx
Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner
Elf Lash Curler and Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara
Fanny Serrano 2-Way Cake in Rajah
Make Up For Ever HD Blush
Sigma F80 Brush

MeMeMe Beat Blues in Moon Beam (
https://www.facebook.com/MakeupHub.NatureleCollezione)
Nichido Cream Blush

Here are more photos from the look:

HPIM0095HPIM0102HPIM0104HPIM0105HPIM0106HPIM0108HPIM0109HPIM0112HPIM0123

Watch the tutorial here:

7 comments:

  1. i was trying to create a look with purple and green eyeshadows because i'm really loving purples and greens nowadays....your makeup is flawless.

    http://getsettoshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! :)

    Please join my giveaway if you haven't yet: http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2011/12/wonder-womans-holiday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love this make up look! You look so pretty! As always. BTW, i have a question about the Revlon colorstay foundation. Is it good? and Do you recommend it for everyday use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice eyelook! I actually like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. so love your skin... you really did well in highlighting... so love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that's really a great post and a wonderful description out here, I really like the way things are being executed and discussed here.
    honey onyx

    ReplyDelete