photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Monday, December 12, 2011

Tagalog Makeup Tutorial: Simple Makeup Look for School or Work

HPIM4994

I officially started my Tagalog Makeup Tutorial series! I was really clueless on how this first one would turn out. I’ve always done English tutorials and it was pretty  challenging to do one in Tagalog. I didn’t want to sound too maarte because I use Tagalog everyday. But honestly, it’s pretty weird to teach applying makeup in STRAIGHT Tagalog! In the end, my tutorial was pretty much a Tag-lish one. Nevertheless, I am super overwhelmed by the positive feedback from all my fellow Pinays! My Tagalog tutorials are definitely here to stay!

I know I’m a little late with this blog post, but as usual, this is going to be an extension of the video. This look is basically the look that I wear whenever I’m at lost of what makeup look to sport in a particular day. Perfect for school and office days (at least for me it is—but for people who think it’s inappropriate to wear makeup to school, let me just say that I’m in college, and we have the freedom to put whatever makeup we want—to each his own!!!)Let’s start!

  1. Do your concealing, foundation, and brow routine (check out mine here)
  2. Take a white cream eye pencil and apply as a base on the inner corners of the eyes (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk from Purpektion Shop PHP150.00) 
  3. Using an eye shadow brush, apply a shimmering white eye shadow over the white base (My absolute favorite highlight color is Shawill’s #5 Single Eyeshadow: can be bought at Watsons for PHP120.00+ pesos)
  4. Take a black eye pencil and start creating a simple winged eye line design *I showed a tip in the video!* (My absolute favorite black kohl pencil is Nichido’s Mineral Kohl Pencil in Onyx PHP138.00 Watsons/SM Department Store)
  5. If you can, tightline and line your lower waterline with the black eye pencil as well. But if you feel like it’s too much for you, you may opt to skip this step.
  6. Curl lashes and apply mascara *I skipped this part in the video since I wanted the attention on the liner rather than the lashes*
  7. Apply blush (I used The Body Shop’s Roseflower Blush 02; for a cheaper alternative, try ELF Blush in “Shy” PHP129.75 SM Department Stores)
  8. For the lip color, I paired the look with a neutral matte lipstick. (My absolutely favorite neutral color is Ever Bilena’s Mirrored Mocha PHP125.00 Watsons/SM Department Stores)

That’s basically it, dolls!

Some people actually found the highlighting on the inner corners of my eyes a little bit too much, so I quickly added near the end of the video how you can always tone it all down. It’s all about working with what you feel most comfortable with!

Here are some more photos from the tutorial! Are you liking my background?

|Earcuff from The Style Prodigy|

HPIM4999HPIM4996HPIM4985HPIM4989HPIM4995HPIM5000

If you’d like to hear me speak in Tagalog, watch the video!

2 comments:

  1. ..bought Ever Bilena's Mirrored Mocha because of this video. hahaha! it's priced at P145 now. loooove your eyes. very pretty!~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tutorial was so cute. Haha, I haven't listened/seen a Tagalog tutorial ever in YouTube so I had to watch this. ♥

    ReplyDelete