photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Friday, April 16, 2010

░ Beauty Tutorial: MAC Tutorial (Eyes, Lips, Cheeks): Night Makeup ░

"Beauty is not caused. It is." -Emily Dickinson
Background audio for this tutorial is by Paul Tiernan: "How To Say Goodbye". This tutorial will show you how to achieve the perfect look for nighttime; be it for parties, formal events, soirées, clubbing, or just plain dinner dates. *MAC PRODUCTS WERE SENT TO ME AS A GIFT FROM MY BOYFRIEND'S MUM* 


This is a MAC tutorial basically because I used MAC products. 
EYESHADOW: For the eyes, I used a quad containing the shades (w/c unfortunately I do not know the names of) of pink to purple. 
1) The highlight shade that I used is a shimmery pearly white color and that was for the tear ducts and the brow bone.
2)The lightest shade among the remaining three--which is the dark rosy color was for application on the inner corners of the eyes. 
3)The light shimmery purple shade on the middle of the lids, and the dark shimmery purple for the outer V area. 
I wanted a transition of colors, thus the intense blending of the three shades. 
TIPS: Bring the darkest color from the outer V down to the crease area, this will create more depth and definition to the eyes. Also, apply the same shade on the half of the lower lash line; this will create the illusion of bigger eyes. Reapply the highlight shade after everything.
Non-MAC Products Used on The Eyes: I tightlined my eyes with Nichido's Eye Contour Pencil in 01 Blackest Black, Essentials Full Black Lashes, and my homemade gel liner in Shimmery Black Licorice.
TIPS: Do not create a cat-eye so as not to overshadow the intense color of the eyes. Apply lashes as close to the lash line as possible. Apply the gel liner over the faux lashes to cover up the glue line (not attractive to see visible glue lines!)
VISIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqR15S4z0zs FOR THE D.I.Y. TUTORIAL ON MY HOMEMADE GEL LINER.

LIPS: I used a non-MAC product, Maybelline's Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Windsor Rose (I kept saying Windsor RED in my other videos & blog entries--totally a mistake) as the primary color for my lips. For the gloss, I used MAC Dazzleglass in Like Venus. 
TIPS: Use a lip brush for more definition on the shape of the lips and distribution of the color. Apply the gloss only on the center of the lips.
CHEEKS: MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon. 
TIPS: Just sweep the color on the hollows of your cheeks. Apply a small amount on the apples of your cheeks while smiling. (I used E.l.f.'s Blending, Bronzing and Blush brush for the application.)

♥ Say
Subscribe to my channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment