photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

░ Beauty Tutorial: Remake of Michelle Phan's Summer Sunset Eyes ░

Here's a link to my remake video.
Check out Michelle Phan's Summer Sunset Eyes tutorial here.
So I did this tutorial for a friend who requested for it. (Here it is, Beef!) I hope you guys see the similarities in these photos. I did my best to achieve the look as close as possible. Continue reading down below to know what products I used...
I mainly relied on my DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette for the shades on the lids. Michelle Phan used kind of a theater makeup palette which made the colors look really vibrant and loud. You can be able to achieve the same vibrance by dipping your brush in water before loading it up with the desired eyeshadow shade.
Here are the steps on achieving the color for the eyes:
1. Select a dark yellow shade and apply on the inner corners of the eyes. (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
2. Select a shimmery light yellow shade and apply on the tear ducts. Blend your way outward. (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
3. Select an orange shade and dab on the base of the lids (center of the lids). (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
4. Select a red shade and apply on the outer V. Blend your way inward. (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
5. Select a fuschia shade (in the video I selected a violet shade, which when applied together with the red, created a fuschia shade) and apply on the lower outer V section. Bring the color down to the lower waterline. (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
6. Apply the same fuschia shade in between the red and the orange shade. (DOLLFACE 96-Color Palette)
7. Blend the colors together. Work your way INWARD. Do not overblend.
8. Apply false lashes as close to the lashline as possible. (Essentials Arubian Black Lashes)
9. Curl and apply mascara. (Nichido Lash Curler, Nichido Lash Defining Mascara)
10. Select a gold eyeshadow/blush and load your blush brush. Apply on the temples of the cheeks. (Elianto Baked Colours Terracotta Eyeshadow, E.l.f. Blush Brush)
11. Apply a nude color on the lips. (Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey)
12. Coat the lips with lipgloss. (I used a lip plumper, instead. E.l.f. Plumping Lip Glaze)

And there you go... I am going to post the link to the video in here as soon as it goes live on Youtube. Please support my channel by subscribing here. Oh, and did I mention how much I love Michelle Phan? 
♥ Say

2 comments:

  1. waaah you are so beautiful :)
    what contacts are you wearing in these photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Winnster! :) They're regular graded lenses from my eyedoctor. Inner rim- light brown, middle rim-blue, outer rim- gray :)

    ReplyDelete