photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Monday, February 27, 2012

My First Makeup Class: DLSU LEAP Program

DSC09745

I was invited to be the speaker for an alternative makeup class at DLSU during their LEAP Program. The venue was at Andrew Building along Taft and was scheduled on February 14th. I have never ever talked to a whole class about makeup before! This was my first. It was really nerve-wracking at first, and I kindly asked the class to not be too quiet as I felt uncomfortable talking with blank stares on my students’ faces!

The classroom chairs were too spread apart so I requested everyone to come a little bit closer so that everyone could see the demonstration that I showed. Lovely volunteers from the class were very fun to work with! All of them were really participative! I really enjoyed showing them personal tricks and of course, all the other makeup tips that I have learned since 2010, both from online videos, blogs, magazines, and makeup books!

DSC09709

The class covered skincare, makeup tools, basic makeup looks, evening looks, brows, contouring, concealing, foundation, highlighting, blush, and basic eyeshadow application. I prepared a Powerpoint Presentation (which I finished at 4AM!) and loaded up my personal tutorials in YouTube to show to the class.

DSC09715

I felt so happy to be able to answer questions from the ladies in the class. I really had so much fun giving some of them make overs and just casually talking to them as if we were gal pals! The class ended really fun and happy!!! As opposed to the quiet and boring one that I thought it was going to be.

DSC09719

My photo with the whole class! Thank you so much DLSU! Special thanks to Debbie, my high school classmate for inviting me!

DSC09758

“I am not a professional makeup artist nor do I claim to be one, I am just a freelancer in this industry but I believe that my skills are honed and sharpened every day through my perseverance. I am blessed to have people who trust in my skills. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.”

**MORE PHOTOS HERE**

No comments:

Post a Comment