photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Eureka Moment: Primer Perfection

DSC06300Any product that I make a review on just after (1) ONE day of using it is probably really, really worth trying. The sale at SM City Manila last Sunday really ate all my willpower. I particularly splurged on this baby.

You know how they say how important primer is. Why it is recommended to be used prior to makeup application and the likes. After finding out about a lot of stuff about primer through the beautiful PurseBuzz’ video, I wanted to try out this particular product that she mentioned—the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer. So that Sunday, I paid the L’Oreal counter a visit and asked if they had any primer available. I couldn’t really remember the name that Elessa mentioned in the video, but the saleslady showed me the L’Oreal Base Magique Tranforming Smoothing Primer and it looked mighty similar. I assumed it was the one! I tried it on the back of my hand and all the angels just started singing.

Before buying it, I walked around the department store for 5 times…trying to hold back and contemplate! I did not want to splurge! But I ended up paying for it at the cash register.

Let’s go through how this product works:

  1. “Velvety touch, flawless finish”—their slogan couldn’t be any more perfect. I am a witness! And you know I don’t lie. The velvety touch is out of this world.
  2. Wrinkles and fine lines are smoothened—I neither have any, so I can’t say.
  3. Pores and skin imperfections are disguised—oh heck yeah they are! I tell you, this product just fills in the pores and makes them almost invisible! Blemishes are blanketed with the amazing product making your skin look like a flawless canvass.
  4. Translucent, rosy glow—after application, it is really visible! You face will really give off that hint of rosiness.
  5. Sensational Velvet Texture: A unique blend of silicon oils and soft light powders create a sensational smoothing velvet formula to refine skin

DSC06310Why I love this product:

I’m not gonna go with bulleted reasons, but give you a short story instead:

I am a typical student. By typical, I mean I take jeepney rides to school and back home. Today, I decided to use the Base Magique by L’Oreal (since I already took product shots the night before) My classes start from 3PM to 7PM, and normally, my face would oil up at around 5PM. I used the Base Magique before applying my makeup today and the first thing on my mind was, “Let’s see if you really DO cover up pores…” (dab dab dab) HOLY CRAP. It does! It’s amazing! I continued applying it on areas where I have visible pores (cheekbone areas), nose, forehead, and all the other areas with imperfections.

So then I went ahead with my usual routine. Concealer, foundation, powder, liner, lashes, mascara, blush, contour, lipstick… After doing my hair, I headed for school. If you’re from Manila, you’ll know that a jeep ride can break your whole look. Especially if your driver is a son of a… swerving and driving like he’s in a Fast Five movie. Let us also take into consideration the HEAT. The weather melts away my makeup, I admit!

But today was really different. When I got to UST (and after running up 6 flights of stairs) my makeup was still INTACT! I regret not having taken photos, but believe me. I didn’t look oily at all. It was pretty amazing. The areas I particularly covered with primer stayed perfectly intact until I got home at around 7:20PM. That’s over 4 hours of makeup perfection.

The product wouldn’t work so beautifully with a low price, though! The L’Oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer costs PHP 945.00. I got it for PHP 803.00 since the mall was on sale. It’s back to its original price now that the sale is over! I sure wish I shared this earlier so that you guys would’ve availed with the discounted price. But I can’t be blamed! I went to the sale on the 3rd day!

So I’ve said my piece. If you’re not convinced, I still have a documentation video brewing… Stay tuned my dolls!

And yeah, I rate this product A MILLION STARS OUT OF MILLIONS!DSC06311

Signed,

A Very Satisfied Consumer

27 comments:

  1. tried this product as well and I agree on every single word u've said. it also do wonders on the lips! I was hesitant to try it on my lips at first but the SA told me I will love it and I surely did!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to watch the video! Thanks for this really convincing review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried this product as well and I agree on every single word you've said in this post! It also do wonders on your lips! I was hesitant to try this on my lips as primer but the SA told me that I will love it and I did! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have used L'Oreal studio secrets smoothing resurfacing primer...i think its the same thing with different packaging and maybe better formula...but studio secrets smoothing resurfacing primer is the best primer i have ever used...it does everything it claims...i want to check out this one to find out if its the same thing under different name and packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very much convinced~ Will get myself one this weekend! Thanks Say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. coolness. heard hella raves on this.... maybe i will get myself one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, Say. I am always convinced by your reviews Haha! Sayang di ko naabutan magsale. I'll save a big part of my allowance for this. :) Excited to watch your video too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @psychedelicme Thank you so much for the additional information!!! You're a big help! :)

    @Aya Thank you for reading Aya! :)

    @benish Hi Benish, yeah I think it's the same, only a few modifications in the formula! Thank you so much for reading :)

    @Genn Hello darling Genn!!! Thank you for reading and you won't regret it!

    @bee. Hi Bee! Yey! It's amazing talaga.

    @Morbidfrank Hellloooo!!! Aww you're so sweet! Thank you so much!!! <3 Hope you get one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is this recommended for people with oily skin too?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have this one too! :) Will have to wait for the video on how to properly use this one. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're enticing me to get this. I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks, love! BTW, Alessa is pretty in real life. Seen her 2 years ago at IMATS. I'll try to find her autograph and mail u it if i find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally looking forward to your documentation video!! I have to see how good this bad boy really works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous, yes it is. :)

    That's great, Nadj! You just basically apply it!

    Hi Phey! Ahhh Pursebuzz enticed me to get it, and I did! OMG you're so lucky! I wish we had IMATS here in Manila.

    Hi Fannie! Thanks! Please stay tuned! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't use foundation instead I use BB creams, do you think it will work with BB creams too? Hugs!♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you tried Majolica Majorca's Pore Lingerie Cover? If yes, which is better, Loreal's or MajoMajo's?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anonymous! I haven't tried that one yet, so I can't do a comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for this review as this post made me rush to Watson and bought it! And guess what, I super duper mega LOVE it!!I was like OMG OMG!this thing is so awesome and it really made a huge difference on my skin!thanks again for sharing this wonderful review to us and keep on blogging...I love your blog..(^_^)~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janet! Ohhhh that makes me feel so GREAT!!! <3 Hehehe it IS amazing, isn't it! <3 Thanks for reading my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Say, have you tried Palladio face primer? I was wondering if I should buy the Palladio or this one.:) thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Say, have you tried Palladio face primer? I was wondering if I should buy the Palladio or this one.:) thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanna try this. My face is super oily too. Will look for it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg! by the way your writing this blog post, i can totally feel that this product is amazing and could be an HG product! so excited to purchase one and try it for myself .. thanks for sharing say! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg! by the way your writing this post, i could totally read that this product is amazing and might be an HG product! i couldnt wait to try it out, so excited! will hit their counters asap! thanks for sharing say! =0

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. This is amazing! I'll try this one myself. Thanks for the tip Say.

    {http://iampolina.blogspot.com/}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi say, is the primer after moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to try this. Hoping to not have breakouts.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete