photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Product That Works: Holds Curls Up for Hours!

DSC06279I have my fair share of disappointments when it comes to finding a hairspray that would hold curls up for a maximum number of hours. I’ve tried everything ranging from Finesse, Etude House, Tony Moly…etc. None of them could really take the humidity in the Philippines. After 2 hours, the curls just start going back to their normal state. No matter how “ULTRA HARD” the hairsprays may say they are, they still lose over the humidity!

I decided to set the sprays aside and enter the scene of waxes!

What’s the most common misconception about waxes? Well, for one, I believed only men could use the stuff. We know how male celebrities endorse them and such. It was mighty peculiar for me to be buying this product from Watsons last Sunday. But I took the risk and tried it out, anyway.

Bench Fix Professional Agent Bond Styling Gum “shapes hair without losing its softness and luster”—just by the description, it sold itself to me.

The whole Bench Fix line has a lot of different waxes that caters to different kinds of firmness, hardness, and shine needed by the consumer. This particular product is the perfect one for me since I do not want my curls ending up stiff!  True enough, I tried using it today and my search has come to an end.

My curls stayed intact for over 7 hours!

How I apply it is basically apply the product on my palm, and scrunch it on my curls. It definitely did not stiffen my curls up that much, but it held them together.

I am gonna be doing a 2-in-1 video featuring this baby and my BabyLiss iPRO200 just to show you guys how I turn my naturally straight hair into a curly mess! Stay tuned!

You can buy Bench Fix Professional Agent Bond Styling Gum @ Watsons for only PHP 95.00 (big jar)DSC06281

14 comments:

  1. Tu-tor-yal! Tu-tor-yal! Tu-tor-yal!

    Hahaha!

    Excited to see your new video and go convince my hubby-to-be about the wonders of the Babyliss Hair Iron/Curler that I've been lemming for! XD

    Love ya, Say!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i have curly hair but i know it tends to look big when i dont apply vitress...lately, m not applying anything because it tends to get hard and i end up pulling my hair. i end up with falling hair! Will this product make my hair stiff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. amazing product, will check it out on next watsons visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gellie True!!! And it works!

    @angelamhiere Hi dear!! Yes, stay tuned for the tutorial :D Haha I hope you convince your husband! Love ya too!

    @Phat Pinay Hi! No, this won't make your hair ULTRA STIFF. It just holds em together! I think the video will explain it better! :) Hope you stay tuned for it! But it's definitely a product that works!

    @Belle Yey! You really should :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi miss say ive tried gel, mousse, hairsprays (i have a natural straight hair too so my curls only last up to 2 hours) but ive tried gel + hairspray (v05) and my curls stay up to 8 hours :)and i wash after that regular shampoo + l'oreal 1minute mask so my hair wouldnt be damaged :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jenny! Wow, thanks for telling me! I appreciate it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait for the video! ^^, I've always wanted to try curling my hair and I guess your video will be the way on making it to reality. ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lora Chan! Thank you so much! Please stay tuned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. How's the smell like, Say? Does it have any musky smell? Quite convincing. I want to put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this styling gum!!and it really hold up curls long enough compare to other brands...But there's just a tiny downside, if you applied too much your hair would be stiff and slightly hard..but regardless I still love this styling gum as it hold up curls long enough and not sticky at all. Thanks for sharing this great review, I bought this because of your review and I'm pretty satisfied..=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet that's really great to hear! <3 Yeah, I think you shouldn't put too much nalang :) <3 You are so sweet! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi.. Great review, One question: do u apply it before curling ur hair with a curling iron or after? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mam/sir what are the products to make a curly hair for men? cause i watched one on YouTube but there's no product here in Philippines .

    ReplyDelete