photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jenni Epperson Inspired Look

Jenni Epperson PREVIEW

|| Jenni Epperson’s “Wearable Makeup” post here ||

|| Inspirational photo: second photo in the post (Patrick Alcober of Shu Uemura) ||

|| Photo from: http://welovejenni.blogspot.com ||

One of the most influential bloggers in my life is Jenni Epperson. I’m sure a lot of people know her! She is a celebrity stylist, Philippine Daily Inquirer’s contributing fashion editor, blogger, foodie and entrepreneur. I became addicted to her blog last summer and she has been a constant inspiration to me since then. Have you read this post? It’s also one of the reasons why I am really thankful for Jenni. She is a real and down-to-earth person—she brings nothing but positivity in my life.

Being a YouTube makeup guru, I am in constant search for pegs/inspirational photos to create a video out of. I was browsing through Jenni’s blog and I came across her Wearable Makeup look post [again]. A surge of inspiration rushed through my veins and voila… I made a video tutorial on how to achieve the same look that Jenni posted.

JenniEpperson3

The look was made by Patrick Alcober of Shu Uemura. Jenni described it simply as: Navy eyeshadow + Eyeliner + False eyelashes + Nude lipstick

The inspirational photo was taken with Instagr.am, hence the color effects. I hope my remake of this look gives justice to Jenni Epperson’s!

Continue reading for the procedures and the products that I used:

  1. Usual concealing, foundation, and brow routine (LuLu Makeup Concealer in Light, Revlon PhotoReady Makeup Foundation in 006 Medium, Revlon PhotoReady Powder, Ever Bilena Original Brown Eye Pencil, Marionnaud N32 Blush Brush (for foundation and powder) Megaga EyeBrow Brush (brows)
  2. Apply a navy blue eyeshadow all over your lids (Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Palette “The New Blue” shade)
  3. Line your lashline with a black eye pencil and smudge it out using a brush (Nichido Girl’s Night Out Black Eye Pencil in Blackest Black and Marionnaud N38 Eye Brush)
  4. Curl your lashes and apply mascara (Elf Mechanical Lash Curler and Maybelline Volum’Express Hypercurl Mascara)
  5. Line your lower waterline with the same black liner, smudge it out (Nichido Girl’s Night Out Black Eye Pencil in Blackest Black)
  6. Apply faux lashes (order lashes from me here)
  7. Apply blush (MAC Blush in Pink Swoon)
  8. Apply a nude/pale pink lip color (Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in “Mauvey”)
  9. Top off with lip gloss (Shawill Vivid Charm Lip Gloss in 02)

NOTE: I tied my long hair back with a hair claw all throughout the video and the photo-taking. I tricked a good amount of people, believing I cut my hair that short. Hahaha! I just wanted to get close to Jenni’s pixie cut—and unfortunately, a bob is as far as I could get. Past-waist length hair is difficult to hide.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Now for the photo roll:HPIM3291HPIM3289HPIM3279HPIM3282HPIM3275Jenni, if you’re reading this, thank you so much for being an inspiration to many Filipinas! I’m sharing you to everyone in the YouTube community.

Watch the 3-minute video tutorial here:

No comments:

Post a Comment