photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dawn Inspired Makeup Look

HPIM2869Unlike all the other celebrity-inspired makeup looks I’ve done, this one is just something simple. I wanted to capture a look that resembles the dawn. I personally think that there are two beautiful scenes that happen every day in our lives—the dawn and the dusk. 

I married hues of purple, blue, and gold to create a transition. I kept everything else simple and neat. To find out how I achieved this look, here’s a step by step guide:

  1. Conceal any imperfections (LuLu Makeup Concealer in Light)
  2. Apply finishing powder (Fanny Serrano 2-Way Cake in Organza)
  3. Fill in and shape your brows (Megaga Brow Brush + Ever Bilena Brow Pencil in Brown)
  4. Prime your lids (ELF Eye Primer)
  5. Apply a metallic/shimmery light brown eyeshadow shade on the inner thirds of your eyes (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette/LuLu Makeup Manhattan Palette)
  6. Apply a metallic tan eyeshadow shade on the brow bone (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette/LuLu Makeup Manhattan Palette)
  7. Select a blue eyeshadow shade and apply on the outer corners of the eyes, work on the outer V, and build the color up; sweep outward to create a cateye effect (LuLu Makeup Rio Palette)
  8. Select a purple eyeshadow shade and apply over the blue. Build the color up and marry the two colors together. You will end up with a beautiful bluish purple hue (LuLu Makeup Rio Palette)
  9. Pat on gold eyeshadow on the inner thirds of your eyes for that beautiful “almost daylight” glow (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette/LuLu Makeup Manhattan Palette)
  10. Tightline your eyes—upper and lower waterline (Nichido Girl’s Night Out EyePencil in Blackest Black) *Use a brush to smudge the color out, extend the color towards the inner tearducts for a more “emphasized-eyes” finish.
  11. Apply false lashes (KKCenterHK A166 Lashes + Aido Lash Adhesive)
  12. Curl lashes and apply mascara (Elf Mechanical Lash Curler & Maybelline Volum’Express Mascara)
  13. Contour cheekbones and nose bridge (Fanny Serrano 2-Way Cake in Rajah + Marionnaud Blush Brush N32)
  14. Apply blush (The Body Shop Roseflower Blush 02)
  15. Apply a soft pink lip color (NYX Lipstick in Tea Rose)

HPIM2867

Watch the tutorial here:

12 comments:

  1. it looks simple yet it has that touch of fierceness! great eye makeup Say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gellie! Glad you liked it. It looks very simple lang no? Not very satisfied, pero okay lang. :) Bawi ako sa next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ms.say i like the look so much..

    i want you to do my make up in my graduation day although its on march pa... :))

    para makita ka na din namen ng sister q :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marnie I would love to! :) Thank you so much! Hi Bee! Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aju yeppeuda! (very pretty!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look really gorgeous, Say. No matter what makeup look ^_^ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Photoescape!!! <3 So cool! Hi Val! Thank you soooo much!!! <3 I'm wearing the lenses you gave me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice tutorial.have you considered wearing braces?it would really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ate Say. You're so pretty :)
    Hay. If only I were that pretty and talented with make up. I wonder if you can help me with my problem :(

    My bf likes the korean dolly whatever look. I'm kind of boyish so I'm not so good with girly stuff. As in. I recently started exploring when I had graduated hs and that was like a year ago @-) Anyway I hope you can give me tips :(

    Btw what's the best concealer for you? And is the James Cooper Foundation drying? Will it give me a nice, healthy dewy look? Is the coverage good enough for pimples and blemishes? So sorry I ask too much :(( but thanks anyway!! :)


    http://theadventuresoftinay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anonymous. Thanks! And yes. But I don't think my teeth is a hindrance to anything. Nobody's perfect!

    Hi Tinay! Thanks for a lengthy comment! I enjoyed reading! :)I'm actually going to film a tutorial tomorrow on that look! The best concealer for me is the one from LuLu Makeup. I have a review on the James Cooper Foundation so I hope you read that one for in depth details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look pretty as always! :) I've been reading and watching your videos lately and learned a lot. :) btw, what's the difference between Dollface and Lulumakeup? I now want to have my own dollface eye palette too. they look good.:)

    ReplyDelete