photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

░ Beauty Tutorial: Lauren Conrad Inspired Look "Style" ░


I have always been a fan of Lauren Conrad since Laguna Beach Season One. That was one of my most favorite "reality" shows back then! When my sister bought her book "Style" a few days ago, I was hit with inspiration. I didn't hesitate to schedule a filming session featuring the look Lauren Conrad wore on the book cover. 
I wanted to capture majority of the look, if not all. I started with the replication of the top, wide bun. I was really glad I was able to copy the bun in a perfectly imperfect way in just a matter of 7 seconds. I skipped the tutorial on that since I wanted to focus on the makeup.
  1. You would not see me do it in the beginning of the video, but I applied Celeteque Facial Moisturizer all over my face prior to the application of any makeup.
  2. Using my Maybelline AngelFit Perfect Concealer 02, I conceal all my blemishes and dark circles. I have a lot of breakouts at the moment, including the time when I filmed this look, hence the numerous dot-concealing that I did in the video. Using Dollface's Foundation (but I prefer it be a concealer brush) Brush, I blended the concealer out. 
  3. Using a sponge, I applied Maybelline Aqua Gel Foundation in True Beige all over my face using small dabbing and blending strokes so as to achieve that "almost-airbrushed" finish.
  4. I used my Dollface Powder Brush and Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Powder Foundation to set the foundation in on my face.
  5. Next thing I did was apply an E/S which is a shade lighter than my skin tone on the under-eye area just to conceal the darkness even more. Late nights are to blame.
  6. Redefining the brows. I used my favorite black brown E/S from my Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette. *I am aware that I did not do a great job redefining my brows in this tutorial (even the past tutorials), nevertheless I just would like to let everyone know that I am making the necessary adjustments and further improvements to change my method.*
  7. Selecting a pearlized cream E/S from my Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette, I applied this all over the lids and the brow bone area.
  8. Using a black eyeshadow from the same palette and my Live Beautiful Eyeliner Brush, I created an outline on the lashline, tapering the end out just a bit.
  9. Using Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black, I used the same brush and went over the outline I drew earlier.
  10. I applied false lashes using tweezers for better manipulation. Lash Grip was used as lash glue.
  11. I applied E.l.f.'s Defining and Lengthening Mascara to kind of make the real and fake lashes clump together.
  12. Using Nichido's Cream Blush in Mocha Souffle and Dollface Cosmetics' Blush Brush, I applied it right across my cheekbones. 
  13. Lip balm used was Nivea's Star Fruits in Strawberry, and the lip color I used was Ever Bilena's Matte lipstick in Skin.
You will basically end up with a pretty natural looking face--giving an exception to the eyes, of course. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave a comment down below. Scroll down to view more photos.
For instant updates, please like my fan page in Facebook. I have customized the link address to http://www.facebook.com/makeupbysaytiocoartillero to avoid all the confusion.
My "Request a Look" Giveaway Contest is still on-going, keep those entries coming!



More photos down below:








Watch the video here:

15 comments:

  1. I love your makeup here! Simply pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the makeup :) sorry just need to comment, aren't eyebrows supposed to be thick at the start and thinner at the ends? Just saying. Looks kinda weird :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kate, I wish you read this statement I've taken note above: *I am aware that I did not do a great job redefining my brows in this tutorial (even the past tutorials), nevertheless I just would like to let everyone know that I am making the necessary adjustments and further improvements to change my method.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You look so classy in this look, say :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally pass for her Asian twin! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really sweet Michelle! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done it looks perfect
    thanks for following my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi say! check this out. really worth the visit :) http://manilareviews.com/2009/08/browhaus.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks really beautiful, say. and i totally love the hair! i wish my hair would make a bun that big :s my hair's too thin! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Joice! Hahah I've been growing my hair since forever! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I love this look!! :) but your face is lighter than your neck :/

    ReplyDelete