photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Sunday, January 9, 2011

░ Makeup Haul: Live Beautiful! 18-Piece Brush Set ░

This doesn't really count as a haul since I'll only be talking about (1) product I bought about 30 minutes ago. I posted a photo of it in my fan page in Facebook and had questions coming in a few minutes after. I felt like writing a decent blog entry just to answer and clarify details.
WOODEN HANDLE
Here's how it goes... I was in the department store yesterday and stumbled upon this "50% OFF" stand with pouches that looked very similar to makeup brush sets. Not one pouch was opened--and I guess that is the reason why people never bothered to buy them or even stop and take a look. I took the liberty of opening one just to shut the "What the heck is this?" thought in my head up. When I opened, *ta-dah!* MAKEUP BRUSHES! I thought, they never sold these before! I was very surprised and intrigued at the same time. I looked at the price: P375.00. I was like, "Really?" There was no one around and I didn't buy it for some reason. 


I went back to (and is still in) the mall and decided to get the set just for the sake of whatever. I thought I'd give it a try. For the price, who wouldn't? So a saleslady assisted me and I asked her, "What are the brushes made of?" And she answers, "Class A sila, Ma'am." So I guess she didn't understand my question. I asked her again, "Synthetic brushes?" and she said, "Yes, Ma'am." Why didn't she say "Synthetic." in my first question? Well I'm not going to answer that question. Most of them don't know what they sell. Such a sad fact. I'm not generalizing, okay? Its just that I've had a couple of bad conversations with salesladies. You're lucky if you get to talk to one who actually knows the products she sells. Anyway, back to the brushes. Here is the list you can use as reference:
Colors: Gold and Silver
Type of brush roll: I don't really know what the brush roll is made of.
Type of Handle: Some kind of wood.
Prices: PhP300.00 15-Piece Brush Set
              PhP375.00 18-Piece Brush Set
              PhP400.00 21-Piece Brush Set


I wanted to get the 21-Piece Brush set and asked for a new stock but the saleslady came back and told me it was the last piece available. I didn't get it because 1) It's gold and 2) I am very particular with things on display. I always want a new stock. I was left with the 18-Piece Brush Set. From P749.75, the price was down to P375.00. I almost didn't want to believe it. So I got one in silver. I really wanted the 21-Piece set since you get 3 more brushes and pay only P25.00 compared to the 18-Piece set! 
The handles of the brushes are made of some kind of wood. I didn't ask since I knew I won't be given a correct answer anyway.
The photos posted here are taken on my lap since I am in a coffee shop at the moment. I'll be taking more decent photos when I get home and post them again for my review.
BRAND: Live Beautiful! Makeup Brushes
LOCATION: SM City Manila Department Store
Things to take note: I still haven't taken a closer look on the brushes itself but my initial reaction was... "A little scratchy." Please stay tuned for the review which I think will be very much helpful.

23 comments:

  1. interesting, looking forward to your review on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Say, do you think the brushes would still be available next week? I am planning to buy one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had the same experiences with sales ladies too..
    anyway, i think ill check the brushes out too since its near where i go to college, but i dont think ill buy one as i already spent my money on something else hehe :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is one huge discount. i did not see this in the department store last time i checked. better look for them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misssavealittle, you can look forward to that!
    Jes, I can't really say... I hope they'll still be since I wanna buy another set! Stocks are limited, I presume. But you can always check! :)
    Hi Lora! I hope you find them. :)
    Donna I'm hoping too! Go tomorrow!
    Ate Noe, yes a HUGE discount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a set of brush like this.. i also bought it in SM department store.. ok nman yung mga small brushes.. but yung bigger brushes nila habang tumatagal pumangit yung bristles at natatanggal yung wooden handle. but for the price ha.. not bad at all..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi! Yes, actually I updated my review on this in my fan page. You are very correct--the small brushes are A-OK, while the big ones are a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was actually my first brush set!
    http://facepaintingadventures.blogspot.com/2010/11/starting-my-makeup-journey.html

    My mom bought it for me as a Christmas present last 2009. I'm still using the eye brushes til now! :) The eyeliner brush is L-O-V-E!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet! The eyeliner brush is totally something to ADORE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Say,

    I've seen this here in SM City Cebu dept. store, ladies dept. But there were no tags saying it was 50% Off.
    I'll check it out again, I hope it's not yet sold out... crossing my fingers!

    I've never had a complete brush set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hollie dear! So you mean to say it's still priced at 700+? That's too bad! I'm pretty sure the sale going on here in MNL is the After Christmas Sale. You can check again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Say! Where part of the dept store did you bought the brush set?? I cant find one:| I also tried at SM Cubao:| Are they displayed near kara blah blah pouches?:)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cake Lee! You're so funny! Yes, they're displayed near the Kara Nina bags. Are you interested to buy one? I can always buy for you. Text me at 09157021274 for details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha:)I forgot the Nina part:) Oh really? Aww. Though is it worth it??:D Thanks a bunch for replying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 15 out of the 18 brushes are FUNCTIONAL. :) Only the two powder brushes are ridiculously useless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and the fan brush is useless too! Too flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Okay Thanks Miss Say!:) I think I'll need to save money nalang to buy dollface brushes instead:)) Thank You very much for the advices! See you sometime in UST:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, Dollface Cosmetics brushes are worth the saving! :) Great investment, as well. :) No problem dear! See you too! I didn't know you were a Thomasian! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. i went to SM Manila last friday. too bad, i could find those brushes anymore. and the sales ladies seemed to be unaware of it when I asked them what i was looking for. sayang.=(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear, oh yeah I went to the mall last Saturday and they weren't displayed anymore. I guess they pulled them out. Don't worry, I'll let you know if they go back in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can we order it from you? and You ship it to US?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anonymous! Sorry, I don't see these brushes @ the department store anymore.

    ReplyDelete