photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Monday, November 1, 2010

░ Beauty Tutorial: Burst of Colors ░

‎'Cause baby you're a firework, come on show 'em what you're worth. 

Make 'em go, oh oh oh, as you shoot across the sky... ♪

Halloween is over, and I'm back with a beauty tutorial once again. I got inspired by a Shu Uemura ad that I've seen at the Rockwell Powerplant Mall a few weeks back. I did not recreate the exact same look, though. This look would've looked more like it if I had feather lashes to go with it. This look highlights feminine features. Looking beautiful can absolutely raise the confidence bar up a notch. I will show you how to achieve this look easily. This look is dedicated to all the dreamers out there! I'm a big dreamer, if you only knew. Katy Perry's song "Firework" motivated me so much to empower people (particularly women out there) to not be afraid to dream big and show the world what they got. 
Moving on to the tutorial... (Use the numbered photos for reference)
1. Apply foundation to even out the skin tone. (I used Nichido's Stick Foundation in Beige) #11 
2. Set the foundation in with powder. (I used Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder in Honey) *You may also use loose powder. #4
3. Redefine your brows. Don't make them look too harsh, nor too soft. (I used Nichido's Eyebrow Liner Duo Kit and applied Coffee first. Then added Black 01 to make the brows look more natural.) *Don't emphasize the arches to much, we don't want intense-looking brows. #2
4. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes. (I used SHROOM by MAC) #5
5. Prime your lids, your brow bone and your lower lashline. We will be applying the eyeshadows on these areas and we want them to stay on longer and look more vibrant. (I used E.l.f.'s Studio Eye Primer) #8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EYESHADOW GUIDE: LOOK AT THIS PHOTO AND REFER TO THE NUMBERS FOR THE STEPS BELOW (Dollface 96 Color Palette)
6. Take a light lavender shade and apply it all over your lids #6
7. Take a darker shade of lavender and apply on the outer V area. #2
8. Blend away harsh edges.
9. We want a blue-green shade, so I mixed a shimmery green and a shimmery blue shade from the palette and came up with a blue green color (the green kind of outweighed the blue, since the blue shade I used was too light) Apply this color along your lower lashline. *Color may change in the video because of the settings. #3
10. Take a yellow shade from the palette and apply just below and on top) of the blue green shade. Blend upward. (third row from the left, third column from the left, third shade from the left)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Line your lower waterline with a deep plum eye pencil. (I used Nichido's Eye Pencil in Deep Plum) *This will totally make your eyes pop! #6
12. Line your upper waterline with a black eye pencil. (I used Nichido's Eye Contour Pencil in Blackest Black) #7
13. Apply shimmery blush on your cheeks (I used The Body Shop's Roseflower Blush 02) #1
14. Contour the nose bridge a bit (I used Ever Bilena's Cheek Blush in Earth) #3
15. Curl your lashes and apply mascara (I used Nichido's Lash Curler + Maybelline Volum'Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes Mascara) #10 and #9
16. Lastly, apply a mauvey pink color on your lips and top it off with lip gloss! (I used Beauty Treats Rose 2-in-1 Lipstick & Lipgloss in "465 Promise") #12 *I know I blogged about this earlier in my haul and said it was a lovely carnation pink shade, but I was wrong. Swatching it on the back of your hand and applying it on your lips is totally different. 
Here are photos of the swatches I made.

This lipstick+lipgloss is my current favorite! Isn't the packaging lovely? 


17. Lastly, powder your face again for a matte finish.
The brushes I used are a mix of unbranded ones and Dollface Cosmetics brushes.
Now you're ready to wear this look out! This will absolutely boost your confidence and make you stand out from the crowd. 
Now for the photo roll...







You can watch the tutorial here:
♥Say

14 comments:

  1. yey it's up! been constantly refreshing your blog since you updated on FB :P haha adik much. haha

    i love the look!!! :)) i like that there's much happening in the lower lash lines but still looked pulled together. i love love love it! :) good job say!

    by the way, what specific foundation brand (preferrably local) can you recommend for a long lasting and really full coverage? i need something really full because i'm dressing up as a doll for my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joice! Thanks for staying tuned. ♥ Thank you! I really like this look also. :) Hmmm, honestly, I don't really use local liquid foundations. Yung local lang na gamit ko is the foundation stick by Nichido. You should try PhotoReady by Revlon. It's worth it. I'v tried already. Wow, when's your birthday? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's on thursday but my friend and i are having a joint celebration on saturday (it's a post halloween costume party). is the Nichido stick foundation good? how's the coverage? i'm looking for the cheap ones lang kase i won't be using often naman. :) i also have Photoready from Revlon, kaso i want fuller coverage eh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you in advance. :) Hmm, the stick foundation tends to become oily after a few hours kaya you really have to touch up with powder most of the time. Use Maybelline nalang. The gel foundation. Or do what I do, stick foundation first, then layer the gel foundation on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yey thanks! might try that:)) thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love this look! the colors in the lower lash line is really cool. I never knew purples can really look good with a lil touch of blue/green..nice one Say! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a cute lipcolor! where can I buy that? I've never seen one kasi. Nice makeup look, say. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem Joice!!! ♥ Lemme know how it turns out.

    Hey China Doll! Thank you so much for appreciating this look! :)

    Hi fallen_angel. :) I bought it from SM Department Store, cosmetics department. Find the stand of BEAUTY TREATS. It's a US brand kaya I think it's rare lang. :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi say.. you look so fresh here.. i love the color guide on the 96 e/s palette.. very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Donnarence! You know what, I'm loving your blog. Anyway, thank you for the compliment! :) Glad you liked this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pastel look is so pretty, you pulled it off well. That lip color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your lip colour helped to pop up everything :) great post

    ReplyDelete