photo F1_zpsnnecmgug.jpg photo F6_zpseunrsnjn.jpg photo F2_zps2pz6xbwz.jpg photo F4_zpsiawf8tko.jpg photo F5_zps41nt3o6b.jpg

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

░ Beauty Tutorial: Classic Pin Up Look ░

Hello beautiful ladies! I filmed this look last Tuesday and I wasn't able to upload it right away because Windows Live Movie Maker gave me a problem. I used my notebook to edit the film and I'm pretty sure the extra effects are the ones to blame. Youtube gave me a "205 minutes remaining..." and I couldn't wait that long since I have to sleep early for school this morning. Anyway, upon getting home this morning from my classes, I ran to my desktop and re-edited the whole thing. This tutorial only lasts 4++ minutes long. Quite quick! And not to mention really easy to do, also. So without further ado, let me teach you how I do my own version of the classic pin-up look.


  • Apply moisturizer *This will prep your skin for all the makeup you're going to put on next. (Celeteque Facial Moisturizer)
  • This trick is for all the ladies who have problems with sweating on the area above the upper lip (mustache area) I personally "discovered" this trick and found it effective so now I am going to share it you guys! All you have to do is apply eye primer before putting on foundation and blend it together with your foundation using a brush. That's it! You may also want to apply a swipe of primer on the areas you tend to get oily/sweaty after running up flights of stairs (T-zone, basically). This method has been tried and tested by me. I live in the Philippines, and it gets hot in here oftentimes. I hope I helped! Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below and tell me if it works as well on you as it does on me. (E.l.f. Eye Primer)
  • Apply foundation *Use something that will give you normal to medium coverage. (Maybelline Aqua Gel Foundation in True Beige and Marionnaud N33 Foundation Brush)
  • Apply primer on the eyelids *This will make the eyeshadow color we're going to apply more vibrant and stay on longer as cliche as that may sound. (E.l.f. Eye Primer and Dollface Foundation Brush)

  • Select a white eyeshadow that has a shimmery texture. Apply this all over the lids (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette)
  • Select a brown eyeshadow and apply this on the crease area. This will give depth to your eyes, believe me. It will also blend with the pearly shimmery white eyeshadow shade having the effect of kind of a soft "smoked out" white eye look. (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette)
  • Next will be lining your eyes. Use an angled brush for more precision. You can also use liquid liner if you find it easier. Watch my tutorial on how I created cat eyes. It's very easy, really. You just need a steady hand; if you don't, rest your pinky against your cheek and work your way out. (Fanny Serrano #7 Angled Eyeliner Brush and Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black)
  • Apply false lashes as close to the lash line as possible. (Etude House Secret Long Lashes and LashGrip Eyelash Glue)
  • While waiting for the lash glue to dry, powder your face to set your makeup. (Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder in Honey and Dollface Powder Brush)
  • Curl your lashes together (real and fake) and apply mascara. (Nichido Eyelash Curler and Maybelline Volum'Express Hypercurl 2-in-1 Mascara in Brown)
  • Apply lip balm; this will prep your lips for the lip color we're going to apply next. (Nivea Star Fruits Lip Balm in Strawberry)
  • Apply a red lip color. (Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in "Love That Red") 
  • Use a lip brush to create almost flawless edges on your lips (Dollface Lip Brush)
  • Line your lips with a lip pencil whose color almost/ or totally matches your lip color. (Nichido Lip Pencil in Blaze LP03)
  • Apply blush. (The Body Shop Roseflower Blush 02 and Marionnaud N34 Blush Brush)
That's how easy it is to achieve this look! I hope you were able to follow the steps. Enjoy the photo roll as you scroll down 




Enjoy the video...
Please don't forget to suscribe to my YouTube channel and
 like my fan page in Facebook☮ 
♥ Say

5 comments:

  1. For some reason you look like Michelle Phan :) BTW could you do a fish tail braid tutorial HAHAHA!!! Demanding much, Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadine! I'll do that one for you tomorrow! If not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow. :) Hahah! Thank you!

    Communicatingbeauty, thank you! Ever Bilena carries the best local lipsticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nadine is right, you look like michelle phan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ged! You guys really think so? :) Well, I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete